After generating a target, you can download the output to your computer. This is an optional step, in case you want to have a local copy of the build (e.g., you want to view your Microsoft HTML Help output, which is an output format that you cannot view from Central).
[Menu Proxy — Headings — Online — Depth3 ]
For this activity, you must have the following permission setting:
For more information about permissions, see Setting User Permissions.
How to Download a Build
- Select Projects on the left side of the interface, then click a project name to open it.
- At the top of the page, click Builds.
- On the left side of the page, navigate to the target and select it.
- In the grid, click the check box to the left of the build that you want to download.
- In the toolbar, click . The output files are placed in a numbered zip file and downloaded to your Downloads folder.
Note You can also download a build from the Build Profile dialog. See Opening the Build Profile Dialog.
Note Due to issues with Microsoft HTML Help, the CHM file that is downloaded will initially be blocked. To unblock the CHM file, remove it from the ZIP file. Then right-click the CHM file and select Properties. On the General tab in the dialog, select Unblock.
Note If you attempt to open a build and Central cannot open the file in the web browser (e.g. a CHM file), Central will download the file.