If you have a Slack account, you can integrate it with Central’s notification system. By doing this, all types of activity alerts (e.g., builds completed, tasks edited or moved, projects deleted) can be fed directly to your Slack channels, making it easier for you to remain informed and communicate with others when certain events take place in Central. Most of the steps for this integration take place in Central.
[Menu Proxy — Headings — Online — Depth3 ]
For this activity, you must have the following permission setting:
For more information about permissions, see Setting User Permissions or Setting Team Permissions.
How to Set Up Slack Integration
- In Slack, make sure you have set up a Slack account and created channels that you want to integrate with Central.
- At the top of Central, click your name and select License Settings.
- On the left side of the dialog, select Slack.
- In the Channels section, click Connect a Channel.
- Choose your Slack team and then select a channel that you want to integrate.
- Click Allow.
- Back in Central, a message indicates that addition was successful.
- Repeat steps 4-7 if you want to add more of your Slack channels to the grid.
- With your channel added, you’re ready to connect it to any of Central’s notifications. Click Add Notification.
- In the Name field, provide a name for the channel notification. It can be the same name as the Slack channel you want to hook it to, but this isn’t necessary.
- From the Channel field, select the Slack channel that you want to associate with the notifications.
- From the Activity Type field, select one of the alert categories—Builds, Checklists, Projects, Tasks, Teams, Users. Notice that these are the same groups available when you set up personal notifications in your user settings.
- Depending on the activity type you choose, additional fields are displayed in the area below. Complete the fields as necessary to choose the type of notifications you want to be associated with the Slack channel.
- Click Add. A row is added for the new channel notification.
(Optional) You can perform an action in Central that you have integrated with the Slack channel (e.g., set a target to "live"). You should see the notification added to your Slack channel.
Note Keep in mind that the notification UI in Central is unique to each user. On the other hand, when you set up Slack integration, it is created for the entire license; therefore, other users can tap in to that channel notification to receive the same alerts via Slack.
Note If you encounter problems or need help with your Slack integration, please contact support. See the following: